Mould generations of electrical and electronics engineers on global standards with multi disciplinary perspective to meet evolving societal needs.
- Empower students with knowledge in electrical, electronics and allied engineering facilitated in innovative class rooms and state-of-the art laboratories.
- Inculcate technical competence and promote research through industry interactions, field exposures and global collaborations.
- Promote professional ethics and selfless service
About the deparmtent
The department, established in 1994 has sufficient number of academic and support staff, committed to research and teaching, and well equipped laboratories and library, meeting the requirements of undergraduates, post graduates and research students. Graduates and postgraduates of Electrical and Electronics Engineering will be able to take up challenging jobs in a wide range of industries and engage themselves in research and development. The department has Power electronics, Electric Machines and Control Systems, Electrical Measurements and Embedded Systems Laboratories in addition to Electrical Workshop. Each laboratory is equipped with instruments and equipments for teaching, learning and research. Under the MoU signed with Uppsala University, Sweden, Faculty member is doing research leading to Ph.D degree under twinning programme. In addition faculty members and students are doing research in various European Universities under EURECA Programme.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduate can demonstrate electrical and electronics engineering problem solving skill along with proficiency in communication and professional excellence in project management and execution.
- Graduate can be employable in engineering services including ICT enabled sectors and also motivated for entrepreneurship.
- Graduate will be competent for higher studies in world class universities and research in industrial organizations.
- Graduate will manifest social commitment, environmental awareness and moral and ethical values in professional and other discourses.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Awareness of Future Technology: Develop solutions for future systems using smart technologies.
- Research and Innovation: Identify engineering challenges, approach using cutting edge research tools and execute innovative solutions.