WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU FACE AN ISSUE
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- Use a supported web browser. Google Chrome is recommended.
- Make sure that you DO NOT have multiple windows or tabs open while writing exam.This will create additional sessions on the server and you may be disconnected or you will not be able to submit your examination.
- Make sure that you have a dependable internet connection - wired, rather than wireless if possible.
- DO NOT use your browser back and forward buttons. Always navigate within the question paper.
- For timed tests, remember that once you begin the test, the timer will continue to count down. The timer will continue to run even if your network connection fails, your browser application crashes or you simply close your browser and exit.
- Make sure that you click on the ‘Begin Assessment’ button ONCE only when starting a test.
- Don’t click on ‘SAVE’ button for multiple choice questions. Click on the ‘Next’ button to move to the next question.
- Do not click on the ‘Next’ button multiple times.
- Click on “Save” only for descriptive type questions. (Staying too much of time on the same screen).
- Make sure that you only click on the ‘Submit for Grading’ button ONCE when submitting a test. Close the window only after the confirmation is received from the server regarding the submission.
- Do a proper log out after the exam.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU FACE AN ISSUE :
- If any network issue comes, don’t panic, re-login and continue the exam.
- Connect to speedtest.cb.amrita.edu and run a network test by clicking on the ‘Start’ button. Take a screen shot of the connection speed results.
- If it is an AUMS issue, take screen shots of the error.
- Also, try to get your internet connection IP address. Your IP address can be taken by giving a Google search ‘What is my IP Address’ and connecting to any one of the website that is appearing in the search result.
- Send all the screen shots and IP Address details along with any other error details to your faculty, with a CC to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also contact the following staff members in case you need any urgent support:
- Ms. Vidhya Gopinath - 9486234101
- Mr. K Sampath - 9894006765
- Mr. K Gopalakrishnan - 9600380796