'Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav' is an initiative of the Government of India to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture and achievements. 75 years of independence for India is significant as it stands as a reminder of the sacrifices that many freedom fighters made to get independence from British rule. Some of the great freedom fighters who helped in India's freedom struggle include Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad, Subhas Chandra Bose and many more. However, many freedom fighters do not find place in the conventional freedom movement storyline. More so, those from the tribal or marginalized sections of society. The Section on Unsung Heroes is an attempt to recall and remember forgotten heroes of our freedom struggle.
On this Republic Day, we put forth an essay writing competition on the
TOPIC: CELEBRATING UNSUNG HEROES
We welcome you all to participate to this grand event in honour of our brave freedom fighters.
- Word limit for the essay is 800 – 1000 words.
- The essay should be typed and submitted as PDF file. Handwritten copies will not be accepted.
- The PDF file name should follow the format: Rollno_Name of Student. (For example: CB.SC.I5CHE20015_Devika C)
- Participants can include atmost 3 unsung heroes in your essay. (NOTE: Students are encouraged to choose heroes dear to their heart [from your region] than choosing famous personalities among the freedom fighters of India.)
- The last date of submission is 24th Jan 2022 till 10:00am.
- If found plagiarised, you will be disqualified.
- Originality and creativity
- Writing style/Language proficiency
|1st||VARADHARAJAN K||CB.EN.U4CSE19257||Third year B Tech Computer Science and Engineering|
|2nd||KANCHAMREDDY AKSHITHA||CB.EN.U4CSE19219||Third year B Tech Computer Science and Engineering|
|MANUVANTHRA A||CB.AG.U4AGR19036||Third year B Sc Agriculture Science|
|3rd||VISHNU KUMAR V H||CB.EN.P2AID20044||Final year M Tech, Artificial Intelligence and Data Sciences|
|CHEKURI ROHAN KARTHIKEYA||CB.EN.U4ELC20014||Second yr Electrical and Computer Engineering|