Entry/Exit SoP for different Categories (Click on the category to view the SoP):
- Category 1: Standard Operating Procedure for Students (Hostellers)
- Category 2: Standard Operating Procedure for Students/Staff (Day scholars)
- Category 3: Standard Operating Procedure for Campus residents
- Category 4: Standard Operating Procedure(SOP) for functioning of Mess Halls / Canteens/ other eateries/ Stores
- Category 5: Covid Care Centre & Preventive Measures
- Category 6: Standard Operating procedure for Parents (of 2021admissions and 2020 admissions) visiting the campus to get a feel of the campus and also to submit documents to the Administration.
- All Hostellers entering Coimbatore campus need to get prior written permission from the Chairman- Council of Wardens.
- It is preferable that all students take two vaccines before coming to the campus. Students with one vaccine will have to take RTPCR and produce Negative RTPCR test certificate along with Undertaking from Parents for entry. Students with two vaccines may not take an RTPCR test but will come with Covid Second Vaccine certificate for entry.
- All students will undergo a 5 days of Quarantine in the designated Hostel (Gouthama Bhavanam for Boys and Mythreyi Bhavanam for Girls).
- All students will undergo a second RTPCR Test on the 6th day at the campus.
- Those who are found negative will be shifted to designated Hostel and can start attending laboratory sessions. If any student, who test positive will be isolated and moved to the Covid Care Centre in the campus till such time their Parents arrive. The tested positive student will be shifted to Govt / Pvt hospital as per the choice of the Parent.
- Movement of Hostellers are restricted and are not allowed to move out of the campus due to covid conditions. Moving out is only permitted for emergency reasons with prior permission from Chairman, Council of Wardens.
- All Hostellers need to follow Covid Protocol in letter and spirit. Thermal check will be carried out at Main Security Gate for all.
- Day Scholars The Day Scholar Students attending classes are also required to stay in the Hostel and follow the SOP designed for Hostellers. Commuting is not permitted.
- Covid Protocol All covid protocol be adhered in letter and spirit at home as well as outside/campus. Thermal check will be carried out at Main Security Gate for all.
|Category||Not Vaccinated/Vaccinated with one dose||Fully Vaccinated||RTPCR Negative certificate||Quarantine for Five Days|
|Daily commuters-PhD Scholars/Faculty/Student/Staff from Coimbatore||Permitted||Permitted||NA||NA|
|Daily commuters-PhD Scholars/Faculty/Student/Staff from Palakkad||Not permitted||Permitted||NA||NA|
|Campus residents- moving in Tamil Nādu/other states except Kerala and Maharashtra||Permitted||Permitted||NA||NA|
|Campus residents- moving to Kerala and Maharashtra||Permitted||Permitted||On return to campus, For those who are not fully Vaccinated||On return to campus, For those who are not fully vaccinated|
- Movement to Kerala &Maharastra All campus residents are advised not to go to any district of Kerala/ Maharastra unless there is an emergency. If any resident moves out to Kerala/Maharastra for emergency purpose, while return they need to produce RTPCR Negative certificate (even in the case of people who are fully vaccinated). They will be required to undergo a FIVE days Home Quarantine for those allotted with Married accommodation. Those who are not allotted Married accommodation will undergo an Institutional quarantine as decided by Campus administration.
- Same SOP is applicable for campus residents who have been out of campus for long and are returning from Kerala/Maharastra.
- Movement inside Tamilnadu including local Coimbatore Residents are permitted to go to Coimbatore/limits of Tamilnadu with single/double vaccines as of now. It is highly desirable for all to take the second vaccine at the earliest.
- Social distancing be maintained in all Mess Halls, Canteens, other eateries and Stores inside campus. Timings of the Mess Halls will be reworked so that proper social distancing is followed. Hygiene and proper air circulation be ensured in the mess Halls.
- Sanitizers be kept in the Mess Halls.
- All staff handling food in the mess halls be fully vaccinated and they should wear masks and visors.
- Dining is not allowed in any of the Canteens - Only packed food will be served at designated canteens.
- A Fever clinic will be set up in the Night Canteen near Agasthya Bhavanam. Campus residents including Hostellers and Daily commuters having any covid symptoms with fever are to immediately report to this Fever clinic. Anyone having other ailments / Regular Clinic visitors are to report to Amrita Clinic for health care.
- A Quarantine centre will be set up in the Vasishta Bhavanam. All cases referred from Fever Clinic will stay at the Quarantine Centre. All primary and secondary contacts of Covid Positive patients will also be quarantined at this Centre.
- A Covid Care Centre (Isolation centre) will be set up in the Agathya Bhavanam Annexe. All Covid Positive case patients will be admitted here and given immediate care until they are shifted to hospital outside.
- All are to download “Arogya Sethu” app and upload their vaccination status in the app.
- Preventive Measures will be adopted such as Wearing of Mask, Maintaining Social distancing, Random RTPCR testing among students in the Hostels and Campus residents, Not allowing workers and other non-essential staff entry into the academic premises, Workers living in communities are to be separated into clusters with distancing. Random temperature check of clusters of Workers, Strict action against those found spitting in the campus etc.
- Parents can visit the campus on any working day between 9.30 Am and 4.30 AM after getting a confirmed appointment from the campus authorities. Please CLICK HERE to see how to get the appointment.
- Accommodation inside the campus is not possible due to Covid restrictions
- Parents and students should be fully vaccinated. IF only one dose of vaccination done, then they, need to produce a RTPCR negative certificate which is taken 72 hours prior to the visit date.
- Entry of the parents is only to the following centers
- First Year Hostels
- Academic Blocks
- Admin office in Academic Block 1
- Swimming pool
- Central Library
- Sports Facility
- Security will make sure that they do not visit any other building.
- The maximum duration of stay inside the campus is 2 hours.
- Parents can take their vehicle inside the campus, but movement of the vehicle is restricted to the above places.
- For parents coming in public transport, University vehicle will be arranged for pick up and drop from the Main security gate.
- All Covid protocols including wearing of masks, Hand sanitizing, Social distancing to be followed.
All are requested to comply with the above SOP for preventing Covid in the Coimbatore Campus.